Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 42: Freedom Exercised

I will choose to find a positive perspective under even the most negative circumstances.
I will choose acceptance over resistance.
I will choose to focus on the things I value about my children, not the things that drive me nuts.
I will choose to extend the same grace, love and forgiveness to myself that I try to lavish on my husband and children each day.

Well, I had hoped to work on the concept of freedom today, but instead I took advantage of a rare few hours of personal freedom away from my home and children. I spent some time with my husband for my birthday and had a lot of fun while my parents took care of the kids. And when I returned everyone was in one piece, so the day was a success for all of us. I also got 45 minutes of alone time that radically changed my day and my outlook, so I'm excited to revisit that in tomorrow's post as well. I think it ties in beautifully with the concept of living freely.

1 comment:

  1. Yay ! I'm glad you had a wonderful day and that you came back home to find your boys in one piece !
    Please post a pix of yourself, if your outlook is all changed. It makes me curious :-)

    ReplyDelete