Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 34: Priorities

I will choose to find a positive perspective under even the most negative circumstances.
I will choose acceptance over resistance.
I will choose to focus on the things I value about my children, not the things that drive me nuts.
I will choose to extend the same grace, love and forgiveness to myself that I try to lavish on my husband and children each day.

Today was one in which I had to prioritize parenting over writing about parenting. I think it falls in line perfectly with the project. Both boys needed a lot of me today and I gave as much of myself to them as I could. Tomorrow we'll jump back on the writing wagon. But for tonight, I'll prioritize sleep so that what I have to give tomorrow is fresh and rested.

1 comment:

  1. This is a useful lesson in itself :) Realising your boys and yourself needed more time and choosing that over writing fits in with your philosophy so well.

    ReplyDelete