Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 91: Amendments

After a great conversation with my husband and a little "time off" to think, I've decided to reevaluate the role of the blog in my parenting journey and redefine what that should look like moving forward.

This is a space to keep me focused, a place where I can flesh out ideas, find ways to put them into practice, and further explore the who, what, when, where, why and how of myself, my roles as mother and wife, and my children so that I can be as centered, connected, and present as possible - because these things translate into the love, optimism, acceptance, and authenticity that I'm striving for.

While that started with a daily blog, I've convinced my black and white mind that it doesn't have to remain that way. I want the blog to be as fluid as my life and my relationships, and in keeping with that, I'm modifying the "rules." Rather than feeling obligated to post daily, I will post "as needed"...which will be almost daily.

So I'm anticipating that not a whole lot will change, but this leaves room for the days when family needs require more of my attention or for times when what will nourish me and spur the growth I'm craving isn't writing. This is an exercise in flexibility and remaining open - open to change, to inconsistency, and to the possibility that there is more than one way to reach a goal.

I've also been getting almost daily emails, messages and phone calls from moms, and I'm so passionate about providing all the support and information I can to anyone who approaches me - be it about parenting, alternative medicine, birth, breastfeeding or anything else - that I must keep myself open so that I have time to meet those needs as they arise. And if you're one of those moms (or considering being one), keep the questions coming. There's no way I'd rather spend my time!

Plus, I figure if those of you reading can't keep up daily, I should probably cut myself some slack for not finding the time to write every day ;-) I think the consistency with which I posted in the first few months was essential to getting myself on track, and I think posting frequently will continue the work I started, while leaving me more time for my husband and kids to put into practice all the things I've been mulling over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment